2020 U.S. – ASEAN Women’s Leadership Academy for YSEALI – Call for Applications
The U.S. Mission to ASEAN will host the sixth installment of the Women’s Leadership Academy in Jakarta, Indonesia from March 30 – April 3, 2020 (travel on March 30th to Jakarta and travel back to respective countries on April 3).
The program will bring 33 women leaders from all eleven YSEALI member countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Timor-Leste). The workshop will focus on leadership training and capacity-building with an emphasis on promoting economic development in the region. The program will include mentorship and will emphasize participants’ ties with the larger ASEAN Economic Community.
All travel, lodging, and program activity costs will be covered by the U.S. Mission to ASEAN, in cooperation with Wedu as the implementing partner.
The Academy aims to:
- To build a strong network of young Southeast Asian women leaders who work across national borders to solve common problems and nurture a strong ASEAN identity and community;
- To empower emerging women leaders and help them advance their careers by providing access to advanced skills training and networking opportunities; and
- To build economic capacity among emerging women leaders and contribute towards a people-oriented ASEAN that includes the full participation of women in the economy.
The in-person Academy will include:
- Individualized Leadership Assessment
- Mentoring Sessions
- Networking opportunities
- Training Sessions led by Industry and Sector Leaders and Shapers
- Discussions of Key Gender and Economic Development Issues within the Region