Apply for the 2021 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Women’s Leadership Academy!
The Academy aims to be an avenue for participants to advance their leadership skills, to understand more of key gender differences and challenges in the public health sector, and to create a network of young Southeast Asian women leaders who work across national borders and drive collective action, and nurture a strong ASEAN identity and community. This will be done through a series of online webinars and activities with general leadership skill training, break-out sessions, mentoring, and networking opportunities with leaders from the region and the United States.
If you’re interested to advance your leadership skills that will eventually empower you in your career, and meet the following qualifications, please apply before February 11, 2021.
- YSEALI Member (Not a member yet? Join here!)
- Ages between 20 – 30 (at the time of application and workshop)
- Citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam
- Currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam
- Working in the Public Health Sector, with 1-3 years experience (including volunteer work and community projects)
- Public Health sector includes professionals or academics who are involved in, and not limited to, activities/work from identifying diseases to creating public policy to helping refugees integrate into new communities; From health educators to community outreach/NGO workers to doctors, nurses and medical workers. These may also include professionals who work on wellness campaigns, community outreach/NGO workers focused on substance abuse prevention, or professionals involved in e-health.
- Those who are working with communities to promote health, wellness, mental health or well being or other areas that are affected by the pandemic are welcome to apply.
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Will commit to a minimum of 36 hours of virtual/online sessions from the Academy’s agenda